Stuck for some ideas on activities and adventures in north Wales to do with the kids this half term? we have got you covered! Seems that the weeks are flying by this year already. Good news is for all those half term visitors, you have a week away from home and the responsibilities of that serious work stuff!
There is a load of amazing attractions and activities in north Wales. We have compiled a list of the top 25 for you to go and venture out and experience during your stay.
So whether you are local to these parts, or a visitor here on your holidays, this list should keep the little ones busy and ensure that an early nights here in north Wales are a certainty!
Below is our top 25 amazing activities list in north Wales , so you can plan the rest of your half term week. The weather looks like it will be a little windy from the south and cloudy but nothing that should stop you in your tracks. Have a nice half term on your stay here!
Juts click the names on each and there is a link to each page..
1.Surf Snowdonia – The Flagship inland surf destination in north Wales
2. Zip World- A giant in the adventure sports arena here in North Wales, with Zip lines, tree top adventures, forest roller coasters and underground trampolines to name a few
3.Beacon climbing centre- Great indoor climbing centre in Caernarfon to suit all abilities
4. Plas y Brenin– Fancy doing a course on ourdoor sports or taster session in climbing, hiking, kayaking, Mtb’ing and many more activities? these are your guys..
5. GreenWood family Park– Great adventure days for the kids!
6. Rib Ride – Boat trips in some very sleek and fast machines all around Anglesey, based in Menai bridge. Great bunch of guys and a wonderful way to see north Wales. Check out their new boat velocity.. one word. FAST!.
7. Anglesey Sea Zoo – Amazing way for little ones to come into contact with what lies beneath our waves here on Anglesey.
8. Psyched paddleboarding experiences – Great days out stand up paddle boarding in various locations in north Wales. Based in Llanberis, they offer guided SUP tours and adventures all around Anglesey too.
9. Slate Mountain – Head to the hills and explore the slate caverns underground in Snowdonia. They are now also doing overland adventure tours also around the slate quarries.
10. Welsh Mountain Zoo– Head to see some of the wilder varieties of animals in north Wales !
11. Snowdon Railway– Get to Wales highest peak, Snowdon, the relaxed way on an original mountain train. It’s pretty epic!
12. Gypsy wood park– Great days out for the kids again..
13. Llandudno cable cars – Llandudno’s great Orme is a wonderful spot, why not check it out from above?
14. Ffestiniog Welsh Highland Railway– View the most spectacular Welsh valleys by steam train..
15. Coed Y Brenin Mountain bike trails– One of north Wales leading mountain biking areas and centres. Great day out for the whole family and plenty of scope to take the little ones with you.
16. Kitesurfing lessons at Funsport Rhosneigr – Get some windsurf and kitesurfing tuition in Rhosneigr bay
17. Surf lessons at Gecko Rhosneigr – Surf lessons? It may be a bit chilly, but with a nice snug wetsuit you’ll be fine! Gecko is a great port of call for all your surf needs on Anglesey.
18. Glassfryn Parc– Amazing array of adventure activities for the kids and a wake board park also !
19. Portmerion – Family day out that a bit more chilled? Then this is beauty..
20. Go Below underground adventures– Got a head for the underground stuff? Go below have set some pretty amazing underground adventures in the depths of disused slate quarries.. very cool!
21. Zip world bounce Below– The Zip world family has many strings to its bow. One of their very cool attractions is this enormous underground trampoline! we loved it!
22. King Arthurs Labyrinth – Head underground for another amazing adventure exploring king Arthurs labyrinth..
23 Pili Palas – This has been around for many years and is still as good as ever! Pili alas a very cool introduction to the world of Butterflies and now much more!
24. The great Orme Tram way – Head uptown in Llandudno and explore it by tram.. views are a bit like San Fransisco some say!
25. Indie Climbing Centre – Last but by no means least. One of my firm favourites (if I’m allowed to be biased) Run by a group of very relaxed and cool climbers, this bouldering and climbing centre has something for all ages. Great for rainy days!
26. Gaia Adventures. Ok I know I said 25, but I could not leave this company out, consider it the bonus! Sam, a friend who own and runs Gaia has been doing amazing with this fab new business. Yes, its sea cliff camping on portaledges on Anglesey. Special right? we think so.. Go give them some love!
We hope you all have a fab half term here in north Wales and that you get out to spend some time in nature experiencing the good life! until next time..
Front cover image by : www.gaiaadventures.co.uk
Thanks for following our blog we appreciate every single one of you. Feel free to leave us a comment, give us a thumbs up and share with your friends and family. If you have a blog topic you would like us to cover drop a mention in the comments below.
We have a lot of exciting new content coming through in the next few weeks so make sure you pop back.
If you haven’t already seen our Facebook, twitter, and Instagram come and say hi!. We are very active on there. Also subscribe to our newsletter here for upto date insights of what we get upto (plus: Get a free Top 100 things to do guide here in north Wales!) See you soon!